GEMINOX BOiler with RVP75.230 Controller

Now I AM baffled, - just when I thought I was beginning to understand what was going on!

I understood that to extract the latent (sensible) heat from the Flue Gases, they had to be cooled BELOW the Dew Point, and therefore the water returning from the CH circuit should ideally be less than about 53 degrees for maximum efficiency - (at least thats what the Geminox Manual says, in Section 5 on the Condenser).

This is why I originally thought that the system should be equipped with a return CH water temp sensor connected to TEMP 5 of the controller?

Perhaps I should stick to designing Nuclear Power Station Safety systems they are simpler than this!

Regards Alan K.

Sponsored Links
Nuclear power stations usually have larger budgets than domestic boiler systems. Safety devices are probably not much more complex but hopefully much more reliable with multiple redundancy safety devices in case of failure.

The Welwyn fuel tanks which overflowed and caught fire had just two level sensors, neither of which were excutive, and the main failure was that the fuel being pumped in was not flow volume monitored so just carried on filling when the tank was full and overflowing.

There seem to be very few boilers I ever come across that adjust the flow rate to achieve a RETURN temperature low enough to be more efficient.

In fact in most applications apart from UFH there would be insufficient heat output if the return was below 55° so thats not surprising to me.

Tony

H there Ie got the yorkstar boiler and the RVP75.230 controller in my house and have all the instruction manuals for both, its a complete nightmare trying to set the heating to work properly and in the 5 years ive lived here I have never managed to get some zones to work properly, ive got a feeling the wiring was never done properly but as a layperson how would I know. The geminox people now dont service oil fired boilers anymore and couldnt help me with the controller :unsure:

Hi I have a yorkstar boiler and a rvp.230 controller, the whole system has not worked properly since I moved into my house 7 years ago, ive had an engineer change all the settings on the boiler and wither the hot water does not come on when supposed to or circuit 2 which controlls radiators does not heed what the program tells it to do at all, circuit one which controls the underfloor heating works fine. I need somebody who REALLY understands this system to come and help fix the damn thing. I live in Royston Hertfordshire...any recommendations please?

Sponsored Links
So for the last 11 months nothing has changed.

That is apart from telling us that don't don't leave in Cambridgeshire anyway!

However, one of the problems of multiple zones is that it is very difficult to balance all the possible permutations of zones without complex motorised valves.

A possible solution might be to use several constant pressure smart pumps but again that is considerable expense for you. A simple tweek is not going to be possible otherwise others would already have done that!

You would need a competent engineer who is prepared to put in the time to examine and diagnose your system.

But that is likely to cost more than you are prepared to spend.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back