General building/plaster query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am having an extension built at the moment, and wondered if I could ask a few questions about my concerns...

Firstly, the windows and doors are not yet installed, but the plasterboard/plaster is, apparently, going on today. When I felt the breezeblock this morning it was very damp, and I wondered about whether this was acceptable to put plasterboard/plaster onto the walls when the room is damp and when the window/door won't be going in til tomorrow.

Secondly, only one coat of plaster is being used, apparently.

Lastly, the floor insulation and screed has not yet been done (after XMAS, apparently) but the plasterboard and plaster are going on today.

So, it seems to me that everything is being done in the wrong order! I would expect the floor to be insulated/screeded, along with the window/door installation, followed by the plasterboard when the room is dry, and lastly 2 coats of plaster.

I guess I can't really do too much about it now, but any comments very much appreciated!

Many thanks........

Sponsored Links
Either somebody has the project schedule upside down or something is wrong!

Agree with Newboy.
When I had my conservatory built a few years ago the structure was sealed, (doors, windows etc fitted and sealed), floor screeded and levelled and then de-humidifiers installed to dry out the bare brickwork and floor. Only when everything was dry did the plasterer move in and do the finishing touches. When the plaster dried out it was time to do the second fix electrics and clean everything up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back