GENERAL DISCUSSION DISCUSSIONS

S

Shutpa

Having been more in hospital than at home over the past few months, I get the impression that the number of contributions by registered members to the General Discussion section of the forum has dropped dramatically. Am I right or wrong?

Sponsored Links
whole forum is "quiet" its summer.

we could start a debate on why people put and [/ b] in the topic title knowing it doesnt work, and never has (unless you are admin)

Sponsored Links
whole forum is "quiet" its summer.

we could start a debate on why people put and [/ b] in the topic title knowing it doesnt work, and never has (unless you are admin)

I'm not one of those people breezer. I didn't know that it doesn't work, I didn't know that it never has worked and I would have thought that the only people who could know these things for sure would be themselves admin.

Come to think of it I'm not familiar with a few things on the forum. For example, when reading my reply to your posting, I spotted the 'Bookmark' thing and I really haven't a clue what that is about. Likewise, when I tried to look it up I spotted the 'Watched Topics' and this too has me baffled. When I clicked on it postings from 2004 and 2006 were highlighted but I really don't know why. Me in Admin? No chance.

on the original subject, my reason for staying out of the general discussion topics is the simple reason every time adecent discussions starts some t**t does his very best to just cause arguments and abuses people. i can go on the other forum for that. (www.somepeopleare****.com) :cool: ;)

What you really mean, Jefoss is that someone has the temerity to disagree with you. :rolleyes:

joe, it's just the fact that disagreements are dealt with without an iota of respect... and degenerate into battles of egos.....

How can you have respect for someone that swears at you and offers no sensible argument in return?

As opposed to Joe who, to be fair, probably won't swear at you but still won't offer a sensible argument in return or answer any questions you put to him which question his position.

MW

As opposed to Joe who won't answer any questions you put to him which question his position.

MW

Is this your honest opinion MW? If it is, then I would love to hear Joe 90's opinion of your opinion.

Whether it is allowed to question the questioners question is indeed questionable.

(Apologies to "Yes Minister")
You may well be right or wrong as the case may be. In my opinion however, it is not a case of questioning the questioners question, but a question on whether the the person who made the statement (MW), was truly of that opinion and if so, what was the opinion of the person (joe-90), the opinion was expressed about. So you see, it is not a question about questions, but rather an opinion of anothers opinion.

Bolo:

You have my sympathy with regard to being hospitalised. Hope you are well now, though.

I too have spent far more time in them over the last 2 years than I ever wanted to in my whole lifetime.

I have had scans, exploratory brain surgery, endocrine tests to which I suffered anaphylaxia and nearly died and enough blood tests to empty my vessels & I've had enough!

Sponsored Links
Back