General discussion watered down.

Would you like to see more interesting posts?

• Yes i would like to see more interesting posts.

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • No, i'm happy contributing to the mundane ones i already have.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • If you think you can do better then give it a shot.

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In times gone by general discussion was a fun place to visit, now it seems its pages are unfortunately dominated by diluted diatribe from Tim and Blas.

The self perpetuating, long running "suck em in" posts that are circulating presently are a far cry from the thought evoking, provocative (suck em in) posts of more original posters.

You have created a monster Tim and Blas.

I admit to not being one of G.D's most loyal of contributors but can you please ask the mods to put those awful boring threads to bed?

Tim, Blas please?

Or will it create a G.D. vacuum? :eek:

Sponsored Links
There are 225 pages with 50 articles a page which if my pen and paper are correct is over 11,000 articles in gd, the five or six you refer to are but a tiny fraction, if not poular amongst some posters.I suspect most provocative topics have been covered and possibly locked over time.we all have opinons over the economy,capital punishment,immigration etc but by posting as you have perhaps a discuussion will take place about what posters would like discussed.

if youre refering to never ending story etc, then im in total agreement, boredom set in a long while ago.

Sponsored Links
Have got to agree with this 100%.
If I was a mod those threads would be history or at the very least moved somewhere else like the painters forum.

Have got to agree with this 100%.
If I was a mod those threads would be history or at the very least moved somewhere else like the painters forum.

Mutley_laughing.gif

Softus would have mercifully asked the mods to lock those threads by now.

Whilst some people do not like these threads some people do and so you have freedom of choice as to whether you open them or not. They are not offensive, (usually :) ) and they never degenerate into personal slanging matches so I don't see how a mod would have the right to lock them or close them down.

I have seen posts similar to this one before and my first thought is always,
"If you want a debatable/thought provoking topic then why ask someone else to post one? Why can't you post such a topic yourself?"

As for a puzzle/competition board then yes, it is a good suggestion and one which the mods should certainly consider. That way if anyone doesn't want to participate they do not need to go there. But then as I said at the start, if you find them boring don't open them and start your own topic of conversation.

Try this Conny.
Inoffensive: dull, boring, mundane, ambiguous, grey, unexciting, tiresome monotanous,.......etc.,..etc....

I have seen posts similar to this one before and my first thought is always,
"If you want a debatable/thought provoking topic then why ask someone else to post one? Why can't you post such a topic yourself?"

These words also speak volumes.

Have to disagree on that for isn't diatribe an offensive or vitriolic attack.

Sponsored Links
Back