German Police

Do I think your getting getting shafted about effecting 0.04 % of the atmosphere by less than ten percent .

Why do you worry about 200ppm of carbon monoxide.? Absolute figures are meaningless if you don't understand the science.

Sponsored Links
Do I think your getting getting shafted about effecting 0.04 % of the atmosphere by less than ten percent .

The increase has actually been 35% over just the past 65 years.

1715352872655.png

Last edited:
Why do you worry about 200ppm of carbon monoxide.? Absolute figures are meaningless if you don't understand the science.
200pm of co your way out on action levels there try googling it a bit more . And make it clear were your talking about when you just throw a number out there

Sponsored Links
200pm of co your way out on action levels there try googling it a bit more . And make it clear were your talking about when you just throw a number out there

I thought the point I was making is obvious. You posted that 400 ppm of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is such a small amount that it can't possibly do any harm. I pointed out that 200 ppm of carbon monoxide can be very dangerous. Simply stating an arbitrary number is useless if you don't actually understand the science and the processes. I understand the science and the processes of both carbon monoxide poisoning and global warming. I've been trying to determine which of the basic bits you agree/disagree with, but so far you have avoided giving any answers.

I thought the point I was making is obvious. You posted that 400 ppm of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is such a small amount that it can't possibly do any harm. I pointed out that 200 ppm of carbon monoxide can be very dangerous. Simply stating an arbitrary number is useless if you don't actually understand the science and the processes. I understand the science and the processes of both carbon monoxide poisoning and global warming. I've been trying to determine which of the basic bits you agree/disagree with, but so far you have avoided giving any answers.
When did carbon monoxide come into it? Looks like a typo for CO2 to me. In any case CO is fairly reactive and soon combines with oxygen to give CO2, aided by UV. That's why CO from petrol engines doesn't build up in the atmosphere

No.

But unless something is done to slow the population growth it’s hard to imagine things improving anytime soon

And the world population is rarely commented on
It needs saying - LOUDLY! There is far too many people on this planet. It's time to tax big families (>2 births).

The carbon dioxide we produce first goes into the atmosphere. Then, very slowly, over more than a century, it is absorbed by the oceans and the trees.
producing Carbonic Acid which is affecting sea life with exoskeletons - thinning such animals shells.

When did carbon monoxide come into it? Looks like a typo for CO2 to me. In any case CO is fairly reactive and soon combines with oxygen to give CO2, aided by UV. That's why CO from petrol engines doesn't build up in the atmosphere

JM was making a point.

Gas was posting that the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere was a sparrow's fart's worth, at 400ppm.

JM pointed out that the (absolute) amount isn't what matters : it's the effect.

Gas isn't concerned by 400 ppm of carbon dioxide, but would brick it at 200 ppm of carbon monoxide.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back