Getting cupronol off patio slabs?

Sponsored Links
I found this on the Bradstone patio website:

Wood preservers / creosote

Soak the stain with white spirit and scrub with a hot detergent and water. Finally rinse thoroughly with clean water. Solvents should not be used on stains that are less than a week old, as this will increase penetration into the concrete.

But on the side of the Cuprinol sprayable can it says don't use white spirit - can anyone help?

Cheers

Simon

how long has it been on, how much is there and is it water based?

Hi Thermo,

It is water based and has been on about 24 hours. It more a light spraying than a big dopple!

Simon

Sponsored Links
Really just some things that spring to mind to try - not tested - but you could try a sample area first.
sugar soap
detergent
or even bleach depending on the colour and what sort of stone / concrete your patio is made of
Tony V

give it a good soaking in water, then put some gloves on a pour a small bit of sharp sand over some of the spots. just rub the sharp sand over the areas with your hand and it should lift it.

I'd imagine caustic soda would shift it.

joe

This is water based Cuprinol, you mean like their shed and fence stains (not a wood preserver like Green or Clear?) Treatment will be very different.

Yep -this is the water based 'sprayable' stuff.

I had a go yesterday with some white spirit, fairy liquid and a scrubbing brush - it was hard work but did a pretty good job.

I'm going to try an get a pressure washer from HSS with some patio detergent and give that a go!

Simon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back