Getting emulsion paint off a light fitting.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 2 wall lights and have just painted the glass panel in one with cream emulsion, but it doesn't look right, so is it possible for me to remove the paint and restore is back to normal. Oh, the glass is frosted. :rolleyes: [/b]

Sponsored Links
try stanley blade in a glass stripping scraper ;) or pot scrub and boiling water

Soak it in meths..and leave it soaked until it softens

Sponsored Links
I find a mixture of meths and water the best bet.

Would the meths get it all off, and would I have to scrub it? I don't really want to ruin the glass, as the lights are quite newish. I don't know what I was thinking of, by painting them. I didn't like the way they looked with the old colour we had on the walls, but since we've recently decorated, I want the original glass back. :p [/b]

I find a mixture of meths and water the best bet.

I prefer furniture polish with it...or schweppes bitter lemon.

I dont think mets will harm the glass, you might find thefrosted look will appear to have dissapeared when its wet...but it will come back when it dries.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back