Getting gas meter moved.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
do i need to get my gas company to do this. or can i just get any corgi registered engineer to do it?

and any ideas on how much it will cost? i need it to move about a meter and preferably to be outside the house.

thanks

Mem

Sponsored Links
nm = never mind. lol

Topics combined as they cover the same subject and other one deleted. Please keep subjects confined to one thread

ok i need some ideas. revamping the kitchen but i have the slight prob of an electric and gas meter, gas will cost 270 give or take to move. electric thou will cost 750 plus. which i do not have to spend out on.

Kitchenlayout.jpg
is a rough layout of how it is. and the offending problem. i can probably move the meter to the external wall(its mounted on a piece of chipwood which i can unscrew and move). but im not 100% sure if thats the best plan off action.

Sponsored Links
Depends on which part of the country you are in. Your gas company will tell you. much of the south is covered by Fulcrum Connections. they will send you an info pack. You have no choice but to use the company specified as the meter is the property of the gas company. It's about £280 to move from an inside wall to an outside wall. Costs increase depending on the distance moved and type of box.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back