Getting inhibiter into a central heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My plumber left my central heating system full of water but with no inhibiter.
:mad:
If I put inhibiter into the expansion tank should it work it's way into the system, or do I need to drain some water from the radiators to get the inhibiter circulating in the system ? :confused:

Also, what's the best inhibiter to use ? Someone mentioned that something better than Furnox is now available, but I can't remember the name...
:confused:

Thanks

Sponsored Links
you'll need to drain some from the f/e tank or it will just sit in the tank and not circulate.

fernox f1
sentinel x100

I prefer Sentinel to Fernox, and yes you need to drain some water to get it into the system.

Must learn to type faster ;)

Best to drain some water from the system to ensure the inhibitor gets into the system. Nowt wrong with fernox/sentinel - but installing a magnaclean fitting is much the preferred way of keeping the system clean nowadays.

Sponsored Links
u can get rapid dose aerosol of sentinel x100 which is more expensive than a regular bottle but can be fitted without draining or climbing over xmas trees

u can get rapid dose aerosol of sentinel x100 which is more expensive than a regular bottle but can be fitted without draining or climbing over xmas trees

Thanks - I like the sound of that. Do you inject it at the point where you'd normally drain water down from the system ? Would one bottle be enough for an average system ( five bedroomed house ) ?

dextrous i bet you even put last yrs cards back up with this yrs. :LOL:
I'm a very lonely man with no friends :cry: :cry: :cry:

best way then you haven't got to buy any.
i hate going to buy xmas, birthday etc cards. :rolleyes:
Can't get around to sorting out e-cards, which is an obvious solution for those with technical knowledge.

Price of a bent bit of colour printed card is obnoxious, and completely goes against the concept of environmental awareness. Also, there's something quite tacky about card shops and the stupid mugs and flashing key rings they sell, which grates my middle class inverted snob senses :mad:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back