Getting married .... !

M

Moz

Again .......
well renewing our vows really ,

I have been sober now for awhile an a few days ago have come off the prozac tabs ...:)

My good lady wife wants us to renew our marriage vows an have a "DO" for family an close friends next month ...

Now shes not working,early retirement ...
she is organising it all .... :)

she has booked the church for a Friday afternoon ,

an is really going a lil mentalist with it all .....lol...lol ;)

I love her dearly .....
but now we are both clean an sober .....my problem Nightmare is the Do after ,
as all the people we know are drinkers ,

my parents are complete nutter Drunks ....

I dont mind going too pubs an clubs now NOT drinking but I really tire at the constant "Pity " I get off some family an friends due to me "the big drinker on the wagon!" ...
I just laugh it off an make light of it ...

I dont mind doing the sat sesh with close pals,
they drink the stellas Im on pints of orange/water ,
but I was on the happy tablets .....then...

I dont know if my fears are just the come down from the tabs ?,

I dont want to be the hypocritically pious holier-than-thou anti-drinker....I would start drinking again if I became like that ...lol.....:)

Anyway do I just accept my life an get on with this Do,
an die horribly inside at the old lifestyle ...

or do I go back on the happy tabs til I am stronger mentally ?? ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Moz, to quote Allen Carr, "substitutes are not the answer"

Seriously, have you ever read his work? He's got the whole addiction thing well sussed.

Congraulates to you and you're wife retaking you're marriage vowels.I think the"do" after the ceromony will confirm to you who and who are not you're good friends,
I do think it's still early days yet and you and you'e wife should make it a day for you're selfs if you want to go through with it after such a short time after giving up the pop.Make sure before hand that if one of you want to leave the "do" you both go.
You have both got to back each otherup.
And remember this YOU are in control of youself ,NOBODY or ANYTHING else is :)

Sponsored Links
Moderation is the key to life.Anyway good luck on forcoming events,and hope it all goes well for you and your wife moz.

Moz, congrats on the new wedding vows fella.
I have mailed the other 2500 members of DiyNot, and they are all up for the do. We will be arriving bout 8.30.
You will recognise us, cause we will be the ones on table 3, trying to think of funny captions to add to your new wedding photos.
I have also mailed the chaps from the Screwfix and I.E.E forums. They are coming up in several mini-buses.
The I.E.E lot will be the ones with several letters after their names, and the Screwfix blokes will be the ones havin a punch-up in the corner.
we are anticipating a good night, and my mate Jock said can u put on extra Jack Daniels and scotch eggs?
P.S If u can get D.J to play "Kung-Fu Fighting" or "The Timewarp" Harry will be well chuffed. :rolleyes:

Moz, you've obviously broken the back of the problem, but there's no shame in continuing with the little green ones to get through what might otherwise be a significant ordeal. It's not like you have to keep taking them forever afterwards.

The way I think about it is this: the human brain is noting more than a complex set of chemicals anyway, and a tiny dose of something that keeps the balance is far preferable to letting the mind damage itself by other means.

I have immense admiration for the decision you've taken recently, and the rapid progress you've made since. Sincerely. All power to you Moz.

I wonder why there is this need to renew wedding vows? Is it because the couple feel the original vows aren't strong enough anymore is it a way of casting off doubts?
if so then was the marriage strong enough to go the distance in the first place? and because of doubt is it time to reasses the marriage?

kendor said:
I wonder why there is this need to renew wedding vows? Is it because the couple feel the original vows aren't strong enough anymore is it a way of casting off doubts?
Do you know what I wonder, kendor? Well I wonder why you think it necessary, or helpful, to make this comment.

kendor said:
if so then was the marriage strong enough to go the distance in the first place? and because of doubt is it time to reasses the marriage?
Surely, using your reasoning, any marriage vows are a sign of weakness? Why have any marriage at all then?

The point is, well my point is, you've for a f***ing nerve publicly questioning someone else's reasons for doing such a private thing. I know many husbands who would, if the wife wanted to reaffirm vows, take your attitude (as documented above), but Moz, who we know to be capable of being immensely strong, and an individual of many interesting layers has his reaons for acceding to his wife's request.

I'm not a smart man, but I know what love is.

Softus said:
kendor said:
Do you know what I wonder, kendor? Well I wonder why you think it necessary, or helpful, to make this comment.

kendor said:
Surely, using your reasoning, any marriage vows are a sign of weakness? Why have any marriage at all then?

The point is, well my point is, you've for a f***ing nerve publicly questioning someone else's reasons for doing such a private thing. I know many husbands who would, if the wife wanted to reaffirm vows, take your attitude (as documented above), but Moz, who we know to be capable of being immensely strong, and an individual of many interesting layers has his reaons for acceding to his wife's request.

I'm not a smart man, but I know what love is.
as usual softus gets the wrong end of the stick and talks absolute cr*p Who's questioning? I was merely wondering. Softus i suggest you take reading lessons so you don't come out with your bullsh*t in future. ;)

I 'm with Kendor on this, what the hell is renewing wedding vows all about?
its more americanism crap? what?
:confused:

It isn't me who needs reading lessons...

kendor said:
Who's questioning? I was merely wondering.
As if that makes it acceptable :rolleyes:, but, for the record, this was you doing some wondering:

kendor said:
I wonder why there is this need to renew wedding vows?
...and this was you doing some questioning:

kendor said:
Is it because the couple feel the original vows aren't strong enough anymore
...and here's some more of that questioning:

kendor said:
is it a way of casting off doubts?
Oh, and some more:

kendor said:
if so then was the marriage strong enough to go the distance in the first place?
And just when you thought the questioning was all over, here's a humdinger:

kendor said:
and because of doubt is it time to reasses the marriage?

You can use any word you like, kendor, to attempt to weadle out of it, but your comment aimed at Moz was still inappropriate.

Richardp said:
I 'm with Kendor on this
I don't really care.

Richardp said:
what the hell is renewing wedding vows all about?
its more americanism rubbish? what? :confused:
Go look it up. Or ask Moz. If you're with kendor then I assume that you'll ask him in an unpleasent way.

Oh! thats not to say I'm not in the 'love Moz camp' {phun intended} :LOL: but I'm sure moz will admit to dishing it out so he's big enough to take it. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back