getting power to home projector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What do you consider the best way to get power to a ceiling mounted projector and screen.

Was thinking of taking a feed of the lighting circuit to power the screen motor
which is between 40-90 watts.
I do not know the make of the screen but I presume it will be remote control with no need to provide a wall mounted switch.

The projector is about 300 watts, not sure how to power this, dont want to put to much on lighting circuit.

Any tips advice on getting power to this unit would be appreciated., and a neat solution for bringing the cables through the ceiling

Sponsored Links
From a safety perspective taking power from the lighting circuit is a bad idea. Devices & sockets should be on a separate circuit to the lights.

I realise you'll probably say that no-one but you will work on the system, so this won't be an issue, and that anyone should test before commencing work; but one can never tell what might happen.

If it's your flat then have the spurs run up the walls properly, or at a push take power from the upstairs ring main if it's a house.

Stick a flush mount single socket in the ceiling, that's what I did.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back