Gillette blades

I ended up buying 8 (two packs) of Gillette Fusion ProGlide, from this seller - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/355261748514

Before ordering, I messaged the seller, explained I'd had fake blades before, rejected them for a refund, that I would rather avoid that rigmarole and have assurance that what I was ordering, were the genuine item. I find the fakes are obvious, in first use, they are worse than the old blade I am replacing in the razor. The seller assured me they only sell the absolutely genuine blades, so I ordered 8, which turned up today - Yep, they are the genuine item.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
View attachment 338164View attachment 338165View attachment 338166
I've been using Aldi blades lately. My daughter gave me the Bulldog razor saying her partner uses one and it's great. On examination, I discovered that the blades are identical, the fitting is slightly different but if you remove the little plastic intermediate piece from the Aldi one, they are interchangeable and the Aldi blade is half the price of the Bulldog.
Just bought a bulldog razor after reading this.

As far as I can tell the aldi blades (which I use anyway) are identical, once the clip is removed.

Not sure the bulldog razor handle is any better, but is better looking than the aldi choice.

Thanks for the tip on the blades.

With these, I struggle - I just cannot make any sense from the range of blades Gillette sell. Does anyone know of a website which compares the different blades, and explains the differences please?

I'm used to, seem to get on fine with a blade which is 5 blade, black and blue, which claims to have a special single blade, to catch the whiskers just under the nose, it also claims to have a some sort of lubricating strip, next to it is a silver coloured strip[1]. The blade clips in place, ejected by a button on the razor, which pops a pin out, to release the blade.

Similar varieties I have seen are blue and black, with an orange metal [1], blank and orange ones, and possibly others.. What's the difference?
Grow a lockdown beard, otherwise Gillette Mach 5 blue and orange

Sponsored Links
I spend just over two pounds a year on razor blades. I use the Wilkinson double edge blades (the old skool types). You can often buy 10 blades for just over a quid.

I normally go about 3 weeks (or longer) before I shave again. I did once try the multi-blade razors but my facial hair was so long that it got stuck in between the blades and ended up spiking my skin.

Now... if someone made multi-blades that had a button you could press to separate the blades and let the trapped hair out...

I spend just over two pounds a year on razor blades. I use the Wilkinson double edge blades (the old skool types). You can often buy 10 blades for just over a quid.

Safety razor blades? I never got on well with those, I would continually swap between electric and safety razor. Then I finally settled on these 5 bladed jobs, and using it in the bath, when my beard is at its softest, easiest to shave. The blades last for months, making them a fairly cheap option.

The original razor handle, was a Gillette freebie, just email your name and address. Having bought a pack of new blades, I thought I would treat myself to a new handle, so I ordered up one of those new versions where the head could swivel, side to side. The swivelling seemed to make absolutely no difference at all, that I could tell.

Gillette Mach 3 Turbo (3 blades) but like others I have never found out what the turbo bit is. Actually maybe I have: it refers to the time taken between anointing face with shaving gel/foam and bristles becoming soft enough to shave easily. Otherwise known as turbo lag.

Back