Giving evidence in court

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What should I wear? :eek:

Its only a couple of shoplifting scumbags I viewed on CCTV, I dont even know what I am supposed to say in court that I havent already said in my police statement.

"I saw two scumbags with this description take a load of Lynx off the shelf. Its clear on the CCTV that before they huddled around the shelf, the shelf area was black (Lynx), and afterwards it was white (white shelf)."

Dont know why I have been summoned to court.

Sponsored Links
This:

guilty_t_shirt-p235264134347187588z7yrm_400.jpg

:mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
It's quite possible that after looking at the evidence they'll not call you.
So, a suitable attire would be for...

Fishing

Offroad motorbiking

A stroll on the beach

A pheasant shoot

'I want to be a teenager again' (arse 'anging out like)

I must point out that my only experience of court things is from the telly.

Dont know why I have been summoned to court.

The prosecution (and the Judge) may want to rely on your experience to describe what went on, above all else.

If you did not say in your statement that you actually saw someone take the stuff then the prosecution may want to clarify that, and the defence my use it as a, well as a defence.

Be smart as then for some odd reason people are more believable. No need for a suit, but no sports or branded clothes

I tend to agree with this
The most important things regarding courtroom attire is 1) to be comfortable, and 2) to show
respect for the court.

So a suit or a good pair of trousers and a shirt at minimum.
And for gods sake polish your shoes. So many do not and it is disgusting, showing no self nor others respect.

If they plead guilty, chances are you wont even be called to go in.

I tend to agree with this
The most important things regarding courtroom attire is 1) to be comfortable, and 2) to show
respect for the court.

So a suit or a good pair of trousers and a shirt at minimum.
And for gods sake polish your shoes. So many do not and it is disgusting, showing no self nor others respect.

And above all do not fart.

Thanks lads. Think im gonna go with my smart jeans and a t shirt, dont see the point in anything more. Its only rotherham after all. My manager got called to give evidence once but didnt get called in. Fingers crossed.

After all that you decide to go as a tramp.
As in attire for court.
Your obviously not that bothered why your going or why it could be important.

Sponsored Links
Back