GJD Solitaire Lighting System (sounder)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Before I start investigating further.
Been asked to look at this system, as the light work but sounder does not.
Anyone come across these and aware of this particular issue.
Looks like system dates back to the early 1990s

Sponsored Links
If it's the system I'm thinking of, the little PCB buzzers/beepers in these often fail, often becoming intermittent first. I ordered a replacement from RS, once you have found your way inside the unit, soldering a new one in is straightforward. I think the cover screws may have had stickers over them, I'm sure there was some obstacle in the way of opening the cover anyway. My memory isn't all that good.

Sponsored Links
No need to desolder you can wire it into the extra terminal

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    457.8 KB · Views: 597
No need to desolder you can wire it into the extra terminal
I have the original wiring diagram of the solitaire system which looks different to the that of the emerald. It is hard to determine whether the terminals are soldered or not! That will come apparent when I get the cover off.
But need to source the part first, I have emailed the manufacture, so waiting for them to reply.
There is also some internal fuses on the PCB, the client is saying some of the lights need the lamps replacing. So I am now not ruling out the possibly a zone fuse has blown, which has stopped some lights ans the sounder from operating (and not lamps that have failed).

The early solitaire will have a RS type screw ( flower head ) you may need the tool or some snips to remove the pcb on the keypad if replacing the buzzer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back