Glass extension but this pipe is a problem (pics attached)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

We're looking at a glass extension at the back of our house, so we open the french doors and come down into it.

A problem is the pipe that comes out from the boiler (pic attached) does this pipe make whole idea a no go or is there a way round it?

Thanks in advance

p.s posted this in the Building section but was advised to put in here instead, thanks

Sponsored Links
I'd say, brick the side door up and relocate the boiler to that wall if poss.
As it is it's a no go.

Change to a vertical flue up through the roof. You may have to have a new boiler attached to it if you can't get a vertical flue for the existing boiler.

Change to a vertical flue up through the roof.

Yes, divert the flue, look at the boiler manuals on-line and see whether the bits available, get a Gas Safe man in to advise and quote.

Is it your flue? It appears that it may be in the adjoining property.

If the glass box faces south, it will be a furnace in summer, but then if you've paid for the CAD images, I'm sure you've had the heat gains & losses checked.

:eek:

Sponsored Links
Also, I hope that T&E cabling clipped to the outside of the wall is temporary. It should be in conduit otherwise for mechanical protection and to stop sunlight degrading the plastic sheath.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back