glass eye..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
if a regular eyeball is roughly round in shape, then when somone has an eye removed for whatever reason and has a glass eye, why are they never round?

antique-glass-eye-102.jpg

DSC01361.JPG

what happens to the round socket that makes it not round anymore?

Sponsored Links
I could be wrong but my understanding is that artificial eyes are custom made and can be variants on the round/oval shape.
As like most things not everybody is made up of the same sized body parts and eyes will also be a variant rather than a standard.

Sponsored Links
A young women visited her eye doctor complaining of failing eyesight. The doctor sat her in front of a standard eye chart.

Doctor: "Can you read the bottom line?"

Girl: "No."

Doctor: "Can you read the center line?"

Doctor: "Can you read the large top line?"

Doctor (getting frustrated): "Can you even see the chart?"

The doctor is clearly frustrated and whips his manhood out of his pants.

Doctor: "Can you see this?"

Girl: "Of course!"

Doctor: "Well, there's your problem -- you're cock-eyed!"

Girl with glass eye was looking out of her 5th floor flat balcony to see if it was raining she coughed and her eye fell over the side.

At exactly the same time a bloke stuck his hand out the 3rd floor balcony to feel for rain and the eye landed on his hand. He looked up as she looked down and he shouted he would return the eye to her.

She asked him in for coffee when he returned it and they chatted, she asked him out on a date and he thought this is a little forward and replied 'do you ask many strangers out on dates' and she replied 'just those that catch my eye'

A bloke walks into a brothel and says 'I want something unusual, something different'. The pimp sends him up to room 95 wherein lies Griselda with the glass eye. Not knowing what to expect he asks what the deal is, she whips out her glass eye and invites him to use the eye socket.
half an hour later he lies smoking a cigarette and says to her 'That was fantastic, I will come back the same time next week'. she replies:
'Ill keep my eye out for you'

Eye`ve had enough of this optometry..But they aint round because if they were , they`d roll about uncontrollably and you`d look like David Blunkett- who should wear dark glasses :cool:

Sponsored Links
Back