Glass scratch repairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys

I have a friend whos house is fully glazed at the back floor to roof (including 2 massive curved double glazed units!).

His window cleaner has recently scratched (quite badly) a couple of the units, Thankfully not the curved ones.

Its all in industrial Aluminum frames that I am not familiar with. (I used to make and fit Ali but cant really see how to get them out) Its also quite high off the floor and laminated so would probably need a glass lifting machine.
The glass units are butt joined with the gaps sealed with some kind of silicone.
Basically I would rather not touch it if at all avoidable.

Can anyone recommend a glass polishing company that they know are good?
About 15 scratch's in all on 2 units, Some long, some deep.

Sponsored Links
It was my m8's window cleaner and yes he will be getting sued for the costs.
Was just after recommendations for glass polishing company's.

I did most of the windows in his house but his architect twisted his arm into using some big industrial company for the really complicated bits. They have been useless all the way through so no point trying to get them out to change the glass.

If you can run your finger nail over them and feel them , you are never going to fully remove them , they will just ' scar ' and in my opinion scars look worse. We would always turn people away with scratches like that .. as the cost to work on it could be large

Sponsored Links
I did wonder about that. I have polished out the odd scuff with Jewlers Rouge before but this is definatley beyond my skills.

I did see a stand at the FIT show where they were selling a £1200 glass polishing kit (they also come out to do repairs). I spoke to him and he thinks he can do it but I would rather go with recommendations.

Looks like I might have to try to work out how to get the beads/glass out, Look into hireing a glass lifter, and find out what type of sealant they used to join the units.
I will take some pics next time I'm out that way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back