glass splashbacks where to purchase

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello,

can anyone tell me where I can get a glass splashback... made... I can template this, as it will need socket holes...

The prices are really silly I have seen....

any decent prices please.

Darren

Sponsored Links
B&Q do one for £50 (900mmx750mm)

I think MFI do a similar one but cheaper.

I think they are also available in 600mmx???mm

No...I said it will need to be cut round sockets...so im talking a full lengh, say 3m long.

Darren

Hi - Your local glass works/glaziers will be able to cut a piece to your requirements. If you intend to fit this yourself it would be worth getting them to deliver it. Personally, I'd get them to fit a piece of glass this size as well. The responsibility is theirs if there is a problem.
If it's to be mirrored then get it 'safety backed', it won't cost much extra and it can be stuck back with the correct adhesive and avoid the need for fixing screws/clips (always a possible point of weakness)

Sponsored Links
As above, make a template for the holes, measure the outside dimensions carefully and go along to your local glazier. They will make it up and will recommend that it is toughened. We did one, which we wanted toughened and acid-etched (or whatever they call it). The glazier recommended that we fixed it to the wall with clear silicon but I reckoned that would look terrible as the silicon in contact with the opaque back would "wet" the glass and make it clear again, if you see what I mean. So we painted the opaque side with the same paint we used on the walls, three coats, then glued it on with clear silicon. I'm pleased to say that my hunch paid off and it looks superb, it has a nice greeny tinge to it, which matches the opaque glass door I got made for the bathroom cabinet I constructed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back