Glass splashbacks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just purchased some glass kitchen splashbacks from IKEA . However I have a couple of sockets above the units in the way and will therefore have to cut holes in the glass.

How the hell do I do this?

Sponsored Links
50p says you won't be able to and will have to think of another solution.

so why the hell do they sell the things? I know that you can get steel splashbacks cut with socket holes- but never thought of this when I bought the glass ones ? I could be owing you 50p

you could either

practice on a old piece of glass, ask a glazier to do it

Sponsored Links
breezer hey gonna answer my electrical question on dimmer switches /wiring- hear your a dab hand at the ole electrics

A glass processer would be able to do cutouts for switchplates (not a diy job), but not if the glass is toughened. Should have a toughening/brand mark somewhere around the perimeter if it is toughened (probably is). Once toughened, glass cannot be cut or processed in any way. It would shatter like a car side window.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back