Glazing options Double or Triple for noise suppresion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im looking into getting the windows replaced in the house as i move round getting it renovated.

The current windows are upvc double glazed but 15-20years old - many of the panels have misted, seals have perished and openers have warped/broken.

The house is on a road that has become a bit of a rat-run during rush hour, plus the M60 motorway is a couple hundred meters away which causes a low level "noise"

Because of this, im looking into options to reduce the noise transmission.
I understand the preferential route is secondary glazing, however this isnt possible in the master bedroom as the bay window has no "sill" to mount the secondary panels on, and the radiator is mounted in the bay.

Given the cost difference between Double glazing and Triple glazing for the house is working out about £300 - is it worth just going for the triple?

Any advice great-fully received!

Additional - i cant believe the massive variation in quotes received even among local companies!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back