Gledhill Boilermate 2000

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I would appreciate your help.
I inherited a Gledhill Boilermate 2000 which is around 8 years old; it has worked fine for the last 4 years. I live on the classic George Wimpey built estate, ideal classic boiler which is set to max and working fine. The hot water has started suddenly moving from hot to cold when we have a (non thermostatic) shower. I have service cover with BG, they are calling on Monday afternoon, so before they tell me its scale and I am not covered, I would be grateful as to any suggestions as to what it might be.
Heating is working fine; hot water has always been what I would call too hot from the taps.
Thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
scaled up plate HE quite possible, they scale for fun on these. Could also be the mixer valve, assuming this is happening at all your hot taps..

dont think there is a mixer on the 2000. cant remember.

plate h/e or the DHW sensor probably. pray you get a BG bloke that understands the 2000, lost count how many times ive had parts put in for me and they are wrong on these.

virtually no one checks the set temps before they have a guess with the thermistors.

Sponsored Links
Classic fault with these. Replace both plate sensor and return sensor as a pair.

Easy job.

These sensors go every 3 or 4 years, quite regularly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back