Gledhill boilermate II,which new boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone recommend a boiler to replace the old one on a gledhill system.the old one is a Glowworm economy but im unsure about the replacement,most new boilers have the pump supply from the boiler but the G/H has a seperate supply for the boiler pump from the delay board.can i fit something like a GW HXI and leave the pump supply from the G/H.any advice much appriciated.

Sponsored Links
As the HXi wants/needs to control the pump I wouldn't use this.

Your best bet is to keep to a basic and simple boiler that does not need pump over run. eg the Classic HE (or plumb Center Optia is a cheaper re-badged version) or for an A rated boiler look at the Baxi Solo HE.

How old is the BM? if its a II it must be knocking on a bit. Given that these are prone to corrosion and leaking when they get older it might be worth considering replacing the lot to save expense further down the line. I'd recommend something like a glowworm ultrapower in this instance.
If you do just change the boiler I'd agree with G4U.

Sponsored Links
Around my area there has been a new build site (coming up on 7yrs old now)
well they have fitted boilermate II cylinders running off potterton suprima boilers ( which has also got pump over run )
other than the known issue with faulty pcbs on these boilers and other minor faults on the cyliders they have no major problems
the delay pcb in the cylinder over runs the pump anyway

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back