Gledhill pump delay timer problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I am a complete novice when it comes to plumbing so hope you can help.

My system is a potterton suprima 50 and a boilermate 2 hot water tank.

My boiler wont fire up at all. All I get is it sparking to try and ignite but no gas at all. When it stopped working the pump delay timer pcb on my boilermate 2 started buzzing very loudly. It continued to buzz until the water started heating up using the immersion heater. When the water cools from using it up it starts to buzz again.
I just wondered whether the pump delay timer pcb could cause the boiler down stairs to lock out or whether this is just a symptom of a fault with the actual boiler.
I had the pcb on the boiler replaced once already so I know these arent the most reliable of things, so it could be this again, in which case Id probably get a plumber in to sort it out. But if it was the buzzing delay timer pcb I could easily change this myself.

Thankyou for reading and hope you can help, Matt

Sponsored Links
Firstly, I would replace the buzzing board no matter what. It will not get any better.

This should not have any bearing on the boiler not firing up at all, sounds like a seperate fault.

do a search ,there is a monster thread that tells you how to change the resistors on the board for pennies.

if boiler is getting spark but no gas you will have to test the gas valve coil, or if its getting voltage to open.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back