Gledhill Storage Ltd Boilermate 2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Hot water cylinder makes a loud buzzing noise, which lasts for approximately 2 seconds at a time and will happen 2 or 3 times in a row. The noise is intermitent and will happen at different times of the day or night. The noise seems to be coming from behind the panel on the front of the cylinder just underneath the Summer/Winter control.

Sponsored Links
In that case, ring Gledhill and ask. They are experts in their systems.

behind the panel are 2 pcb's (printed circuit boards) the top board is the pump over run pcb and the bottom is the timer delay pcb. each pcb has a micro switch the buzzing sound you hear is the micro switch arcing, you need to replace one or both pcb's they cost around 45 quid each.
good luck
craigy

:( I bet he called gledhill, that was posted in july, and was his only post

Sponsored Links
I’m having the same bother
Where can I buy these PCB’s?

I have no idea but they may be standard components and available cheaply for a supplier like eg RS Components Ltd, they have an on-line catalogue.

it wasnt meant to be sarcastic, its plain obvious. you would not go to ford and ask them for a vauxhall part would you?

Er......no, but I do go to Citroen to get bits for my Peugeot :D

Its the pump control card, there is a 40hr approx timer in the cct that drives the pump for 2/3 sec to stop in seizing up in low use periods.
the relay or something fails and causes the problem. replace the pump control card from Glendhill at about £35

I have a spare if its not too late!!! I also service my own. Its the relay that buzzes due to the relays hold up path being left because the electrolytic capacitors have dried up...got too hot!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back