Glo worm 24cxi

Cheers Tony, you trying to depress me even more :LOL:

Gaz, the block is leaking on the front, the hot water outlet, nice little spray flooding the cupboard, I don't think it's damaged the electris though, phew.

Al

Sponsored Links
u'll see what i mean wen ya get the block, iam not very clear with my terminology :LOL: (thts a big word 4me)

u'll see what i mean wen ya get the block, iam not very clear with my terminology :LOL: (thts a big word 4me)

If only I could see what you mean, bloody part didn't arrive toady, delivery got delayed :evil: now have a panicy agency and a stroppy tenant. What can I do? Can't replace the part unless I have the new one but people don't understand that grrr :evil:

Rant over

Cheers Al

Well I've changed the block today, and everyone was 100% correct, the screws on the underside rounded off (2 came out with relative ease though) the last one- what a @?%&$*!!!! Ended up cutting the screw head off, and what moron chose to put it directly above the flow pipe!? Also found out my hands aren't as small as I thought they were and my patience isn't as long as it used to be too.

Once the old one was out the new took 5 mins to get in, piece of cake, until I went to fill the heating, valve wouldn't work and the disconnector leaked like a good un too, just aswell I took a filling loop with me. All in all it was hell :LOL: but atleast they have hot water now :D

Only took 2.5 hours :evil: never again!

Cheers for al the advice guys

Al :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I don't mean to go on, but.....

the new part has sprung a leak :evil: it's leaking from where the boffs at GW have redsigned the block, where the copper bend enters the HW HE connection, in my eyes a manufacturing fault. And on a bloody saturday too :evil:

Another rant over

Cheers all

Al

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back