Global warming...

LB something doesn't seem right here.

50x50 = 2500 then add 6750 and 10000 = 19250/52 = £370

You only took one persons wage of £50 into account which would give a heavy bias to the higher amount.

Do try and explain your method to me but I'm afraid I'll get lost.

cos i took the average of £2500 + £6750 + £10,000, being the three categories. If you take the average of the 52 earners your correct, i didn it my way cos its easirt to invent a middle category that matches the average :D

As we were saying, lies , damn lies and statistics :D

Sponsored Links
LB- Your point about the distortion of facts was taken and there is still a very big difference between £50 and £370, which I do believe is the case.

LB- Your point about the distortion of facts was taken and there is still a very big difference between £50 and £370, which I do believe is the case.

exactly, lies, damn lies and statistics.

I recall a documentary regarding climate change a while back, that stated that the way sea temperatures were collected was altered around 1945, and that resulted in a change of how the results were presented, as the raw data had changed, add to that as another poster said, that the scientists are sponsored by the governments, and would lose their grants, if they give results that their bosses don't like, then it's true that you can make a stat to fit any fact you like. A tax on worry for the future is surefire winner, can you turn round after 50 years and say, oh we got it wrong - blame the government at the time, and get away with it - hell yeah! But they got a shedload of money for lying.

Sponsored Links
The question that must be answered is:

If global warming isn't caused by man - what's causing it? We should be in a cool period at the moment not a warm one so why are the polar caps melting?

Why is spring arriving earlier?

Every warm period in history has had a natural and observable cause - but not this one.

Empip, you seriously want me to read all 79 pages?? :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm just trying to show that statistics can be manipulated to show whatever you want them to show.
Statistically, the average wage in the UK is in the region of £28,000.
How many of us actually earn this?

Ah sorry you didn't actually read the post... So just for you I repeat...
A quick read of final 3 pages from p.77. May whet one's appetite to delve further.
III. Conclusion: Questioning the Established Science, and Developing a Suitably Skeptical Rather than Faith-based Climate Policy.

AVERAGE PAY??
It is the gross 'Median' pay which is quoted, the 'mean' or 'average' would not be too helpful.
Newspapers tend to use the term 'average' in a loose fashion.
[url=http://www.statistics.gov.uk/CCI/nugget.asp?ID=285&Pos=&ColRank=2&Rank=224]2009 Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings (ASHE)[/url] said:
The results of the 2009 ASHE show that median weekly pay for full-time employees in the UK grew by 2.0 per cent in the year to April 2009 to reach £489. Median earnings of full-time male employees were £531 per week in April 2009; for women the median was £426.

That'll be £25,428 : £27,612 and £22,152 respectively.

:D

Empip, I am already (and always have been) sceptical about global warming. Any move towards a more sceptical based approach, has to be welcomed.
I was just trying to show that statistical data can be manipulated by the authors of reports to show whatever they want the statistics to show. ;) ;) ;) ;)

The outside temp in a grey and cloudy Devon is 13c at the moment,ten days away from midsummer,global warming my arse.

Sponsored Links
Back