Glow worm 24cxi DHW problem - please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Glow worm 24cxi combi.

When the hot water tap is on, the green light comes on and hot water is produced. However, after a short time, (30 secs - 1 min), the red light comes on, the boiler flame goes out and the water runs cold. After a short while, (a cooling period I guess), the same cycle starts again.

The fault code on the screen is F14.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreicated.

Cheers

Ben

Sponsored Links
From memory that code means that the flow temp limit has been exceeded.May be restricted plate heat exch,pump fault or flow thermister.
I would suspect the plate exch 1st and remove that and check for debris inside.If that is proved then expect other parts to be affected and clean as required.If you are not confident doing this then call in a Pro.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Is it possible to clean the plate he, or is a new one required? If a new one is req'd, are there any simple tests I can do to confirm, (or at least rule out other possibilities), before I fork out the £100 plus for the new part???

Once again, any info will be appreiciated.

Ben

Sponsored Links
trust me, its definately blocked. Can be cleaned, but these ones are usually blocked solid by the time the fault shows. When you take it out it will prob look a bit like the one below.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back