Glow Worm 30 cxi and honeywell cm67

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Im having some problems with my central heating. The hot water is working just fine luckily.

If i set the thermostat on the honeywell to manual and say 25C i can see the little flame on the display and hear the click but the boiler does not start. I removed the batteries on the honeywell and the display went off, replaced them and no difference.

Is there anything to test before i call in a professional?

REgards

Jon

Sponsored Links
is the temperature control for the central heating turned up on the front of the boiler ?

Yeah its turned up and ive turned the boiler off and on again. Working in IT thats the first thing i do :)

Sponsored Links
you could try a simple test which isn't outside the realms of a diyer.
if you remove the front cover of the boiler, 2 screws at bottom, pull down the control panel and on the back of that will be a small terminal strip, if you link across the 2 terminals with a small piece of wire and see if the boiler fires. yes-boiler ok, controls broken, no-boiler faulty

Its ok i found it. I used a pair of pliars to short it out and the boiler fired.

Assuming the cabling is fine, is there anything obvious to test on the Honeywell CM67? Ive tried to get an installers manual but cannot find one......

By the way, is there any high voltage i.e 240V in there that i can get a bolt off when i find out how to open it up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back