Glow Worm 30 Si Fault F2 - Fixed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As I'm often searching this forum for answers I though I would post a resolution to a recent problem - my Glow Worm 30 Si decided one very cold morning to sit idle and flash F02 rather than warm the house. I've had a few other faults in the 10 years we've had it, but this was new. We're covered by British Gas, so I called them out - in the meantime by switching on and off a few times it re-started. The BG man didn't really do much and went away as it was working. Next morning it failed to start again with same fault. F02 in the manual states that it is a problem ************
I guess).

Hope this helps someone[/b]

Sponsored Links
Mr Pugwash, you dont seem to realise that a DIYer should not even be opening the combustion chamber and certainly not touching any part which is involved in the combustion process.

Totally inappropriate advice to give on an open forum!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Spoken like someone who charges huge rates for simple fixes I guess. As it happens I have a degree in engineering and I have routinely found I know more about my boiler than the engineers who have been out to try to fix it. I've stripped the entire thing down in the past to give it a proper clean and the user manual gives step by step instructions for this. The reason people come on these pages is to find practical advice usually when its freezing cold and usually when they have had an 'expert' around and been left with a still cold house but lighter in the wallet.
I think you missed the point of the title of the site - did you notice the DIY bit in the title?

Oh dear!

In spite of your degree, you are unable to grasp that giving advice to a pleb who then blows up himself and his innocent neighbours is not only inadvisable but can be actionable!

Nor have you read the site rules which you are deemed to comply with by posting here. Or do you think your degree absolves you from the site's rules?

//www.diynot.com/forums/plumbing/diy-gas.8090/

• Thanks
Reactions: CBF
Oops another 'pleb gate' - so everyone looking on the site is a pleb - well done - when in a hole stop digging.

Nor do you seem to realise that this site is read by people whose capabilities range across all spectrums.

That will include many who are not at all capable of doing anything safely and certainly not working on gas boilers which kill about 30 people every year!

You also probably not aware of the laws relating to who can work on gas appliances and supplies.

Tony

Why do people give advice on electrics then - such as rewiring showers? Electricity is more deadly than gas. :confused: :confused:

Or replace brakes on cars etc etc etc etc. The purpose of this site is to help people - I think he wants to just have a simple banner saying "if you have a problem pay £285 for a call out".

you both seem to be missing the point, it is not the Gas safe engineers that decide this is taboo, it is the site rules, rules which you accepted before posting on the site , if you dont like the rules there are other sites

is that the same as touching the key pad of one of your installed security systems

Considering they run on 12v I doubt it. Are you still giving out duff electrical info? :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back