glow worm 30cxi condesate trap replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have a 7 year old glow worm 30 cxi that has been leaking from the condensate trap through blocking up, the heat exchanger was replaced because of leaking 3 weeks ago caused according to my plumber by the trap leaking onto it over a period of time and corroding it. apparently this is a common fault with these boilers but can anyone tell me if a modified trap was introduced to these boilers and if it was a known fault was it subject to a recall by glow worm, any help appreciated, thanks

Sponsored Links
it was a known fault but not enough to warrant a recall. The earlier caps could crack and leak as mentioned above.

thanks for the reply, the unit has a blue cap but apparently the problem i have is the small holes in the bottom of the unit are blocking up and my plumber doesn't think flushing to remove debris would help if you can understand what i mean, ta

Sponsored Links
thanks for the reply, the unit has a blue cap but apparently the problem i have is the small holes in the bottom of the unit are blocking up and my plumber doesn't think flushing to remove debris would help if you can understand what i mean, ta

Doesn't sound right. Its the blue cap itself that can leak, if its something else than thats a different matter. These boilers are not known for blocked condense traps, and there are no "small holes" in the bottom. Has the trap been removed and cleared? Whats the situation now? Is it working? How many times have you had this problem?

the plumber removed the unit and cleaned it out and it is not leaking now but he did show me where the debris was blocking 2 small holes that was not allowing the unit to work properly, this is the second time it has been done, the first when he replaced the heat exchanger 3 weeks ago. the reason for this post was because he thought there was a modification on the whole unit but it seems it was just on the end cap, ah well keep fingers crossed that he might have cured it, thanks

very unusual, when you refer to the small holes I can only assume you mean the small splitter in the outlet. Its rare to get enough debris to block the condense on these boilers. Good regular servicing will prevent this as will keeping the heating temp down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back