Glow Worm 30sxi Won't Light - Pilot Jet Clean?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know anything about boilers but I've read that my boiler could require a pilot jet clean to get it lighting.

We've had some people in all day that are stumped by it (they don't inspire much confidence tbh), they say they need a multimeter to check something or other, so they're coming back tomorrow.

My question is, is a pilot jet clean likely to solve the problem, and if so, how do I do it?

When I try to light the boiler the fans start spinning etc.

Jez

Sponsored Links
Can't tell you whats wrong with your boiler because of lack of info..However I can tell you that a competent repair engineer ALWAYS carries a multimeter. Also your boiler has no pilot.
Please explain what happens when the boiler tries to light and what if any fault codes appear on the display.

Yeah, I thought they didn't seem very competent. When I try to light it the fan spins up and there's a cracking noise, but it doesn't actually light up. No error messages.

Looks like I'll have to wait til tomorrow for them to come back.

Jez

PS This prob only started after the replaced a faulty valve that was full of lots of black stuff. See my vocabulary is excellent! :)

you dont have a pilot light, let alone a jet to clean

Sponsored Links
Oh, well good job you said. I would've been asking them "have you cleaned the pilot jet?" and they'd think I was an utter plonker!

Any other ideas though?

Jez

Sounds like its sparking but no gas. I'm assuming it eventually comes up with F1. Possibly gas valve or no gas to appliance, or could be sparking onto inside of case, have seen that on these boilers.

If these so called boiler repair men come along without a multimeter I would not want them touching my boiler. These days a multimeter is probably the most used tool in the box.(well big hammer first, multimeter next :LOL: )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back