Glow Worm 38 cxi water temp fluctuation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Glow Worm 38cxi combi boiler which is fluctuating water temperature when used for prolonged time (i.e. having a shower), at first I thought it was the Aqualisa Quartz digital show wasn't controlling the temperature correctly, but having contacted aqualisa and them talking me through all the tests, it appears the boiler is at fault.

My wife says that on occasion she has had the problem at the kitchen sink when she has been running the tap all of a sudden it will run cold for 30 seconds or so then return to hot.

The boiler is fed from a water softener, so there should be no lime scale build up in the boiler and it is 3 years old.

Is there anything I can check myself on this boiler or should I call in the professionals? Aqualisa mentioned it is most likely a modulation fault with the boiler.

any help appreciated.

Regards

Dan

Sponsored Links
watch the boiler when it is running on hot water and see if it intermittently flashes "F14". If it does then you have a blocked plate heat exchanger. Even if it doesn't its likely this is still the problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back