Glow Worm 40FF Boiler not firing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a glowworm 40ff boiler that is not firing, - the pilot light is there and its sparking but just not firing. it has been working intermittently but now just wont fire at all.

I have had an engineer look at it who said it was something to do with the voltage not being enough & he cleaned the contacts for something (I cant remeber what) and that seemed to work for a couple of months but now its gone again. I have also purchased a new pcb for the boiler (as I thought thats what he said it might need) but its made no difference!! Any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies, - sorry what is fsd?

I have been doing some reading around this issue & there are some suggestions that spark electrode or pcb can cause this fault, which seems to tie in with what ive already been told by the engineer so as I have already replaced the pcb, is it worth me replacing the spark electrode first as its only a cheap part & then if that doesnt work, admit defeat & call an engineer out?

I take it the spark electrode is something I can fit myself, - it looks fairly straight forward?!

Thanks for the help/info

I have been doing some reading around this issue & there are some suggestions that spark electrode or pcb can cause this fault, which seems to tie in with what ive already been told by the engineer so as I have already replaced the pcb, is it worth me replacing the spark electrode first as its only a cheap partt

yup then replace the fan
then replace the aps
then replace the pump
then replace the main h ex
then replace the burner
then ffs get somebody that knows what they are doing :idea:

to op not really most stuff on that boiler is in the combustion chamber
sorry but u need to call out rgi

Problem solved, - blocked pilot injector! After unblocking the second hole, bolier fires up instantly!

Thanks for all help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back