Glow worm 50f operates only when case removed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a glow worm 50f boiler that has not been used for 4 months or so decided to turn it on last night and it wouldnt fire up, It was making all the usual noises sparking etc. So i decided to remove the outer and inner case to see if there was something obvious and to my amazment the boiler fired up. Has anybody got any ideas?

Sponsored Links
yes isolate the boilers gas supply immediately and call a RGI you cannot run this with the combustion cover removed

Hi I have a glow worm 50f boiler that has not been used for 4 months or so decided to turn it on last night and it wouldnt fire up, It was making all the usual noises sparking etc. So i decided to remove the outer and inner case to see if there was something obvious and to my amazment the boiler fired up. Has anybody got any ideas?

Yes you have

Sponsored Links

Yes you have
OH NO I HAVEN'T lol

well what you call the inner case is the combustion chamber and yes you have created a dangerous situation so be safe and turn everything off

I never asked you to put any input into this

Yet you asked for help on a public forum.

People who do such a thing - and in the process admit to doing something supremely stupid - are in no position to be selective on who posts advice.

I dont want to get embroiled in a small minded slanging match with you.
There would only be one winner, so take things seriously and do the right thing concerning your boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back