Glow-Worm Ascot 1.4S Pilot light keeps going out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi chaps,

I had a problem a few months ago with my on demand water heater which turned out to be the tap not letting enough flow through but I have another problem.

The pilot light keeps going out and has been getting steadily worst to point now it won't stay lit, as soon as I let my finger off the button it goes out, I have tried compressed air and a good clean around the area but it's still the same, the flame looks nice and strong and is blue apart from right at the top where it is yellow but only right at the tip.

What is the diagnosis, can I do it myself (I'm pretty handy) and if not what is a rough price for the repair as I don't want to get ripped off!

23042007033.jpg

23042007034.jpg

Thanks for any help :)

Sponsored Links
If pilot ok then 99% it will be the t/couple lead needs replacing not a dear job IF part is still available

Sponsored Links
Because of the safety implications it should be replaced by a competent CORGI.

I think that this OP is intending to fit it himself!

Its not that difficult to do but the CORGI would be doing additional safety tests at the same time.

He He, most of those that I go to are not the thermocouple anyway. But obviously I cannot give any advice that would encourage the OP to attempt a DIY repair.

Tony

Tony what else is it on one of these, if you want to talk in riddles so a diyer does not understand go ahead im interested,

I am sure that you have worked on many more of these than I have so I dont extect there is anything that I can tell you about them.

But I dont encourage DIY gas work so I never give detailed advice on forums. I dont know the competence level of anyone.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back