glow worm back boiler over heat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a glowworm back boiler, gas fire frontage all gravity fed,
the boiler has started knocking off when heating system has been switched on after reaching its temperature, the ignition light goes out and it seems to shut down, I assume there is an overtemp kicking in, why is it overheating? the boiler can be reignited straight away but it happens again.

stu.

Sponsored Links
Are you really quite sure that there is no pump ???

It has been normal to have pumped heating for the last 40 years!

Tony Glazier

Agile said:
Are you really quite sure that there is no pump ???

It has been normal to have pumper heating for the last 40 years!

Tony Glazier
........................But do you remember how slow/weak the pumps were? I`ve got an old customer still running one,simply because a new kitchen was built in around it :rolleyes: :eek: Well` they could`ve asked me :rolleyes: SMC. :LOL:

you r correct, boiler is gravity fed for water and pumped to heating, pump is working, I have increased speed and it has made no difference, can problem be thermostat on boiler?

stu

Sponsored Links
Its all very well you telling me that "the pump is working". I would ask you to tell me how you know that?

Is there water in ALL the system? Again rather than saying "yes" can you tell me how you know it please?

Tony Glazier

radiator system has been bled, floor boards were lifted and pump checked to see if it was running, i also increased speed of pump by turning the speed switch on side and heard a definite increase in revs, heating was checked and all rads became hot quickly, so i assume pump is working fine,

stu

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back