Glow worm betacom 30c no central heating - hot water ok

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I searched this site when mine stopped working and now having fixed it, I thought I'd share the knowledge. the boiler comes with a built in timer. To check if this is faulty, remove the front panel, (2 screws underneath). Release the 2 clips holding the control panel in place. As you pull it down on the hinge, with your right hand, carefully manipulate the tiny pipe going to the guage out of it's slot. Now you can see the 4 wires on the back of the timer. Carefully pull off the 2 grey wires and short them together with a paper clip or similar. Boiler should now fire up. If it does there's a fault inside the timer. All is not lost however, I've repaired mine. Pull off the 2 red wires, these have 30 volts accross so switch off the power to the boiler first. Remove the 2 screws holding the timer in place. On a clean flat surface, seperate the 2 halves of the timer by releasing the 4 lugs with a tiny screwdriver. Now be really careful here because there's 4 gears inside that drive the clock face round. Try to note the order which they go back. However having flung all mine onto the floor as it popped open, I still managed to get it back together right. You'll see a lever broken at the operating lug. Glue it back together with super glue and reassemble. Job done, no cost

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back