Glow worm c30 leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
Last night i bled my radiators which had a fair bit of air in, upstairs mainly. Today my boiler had 0.0 pressure. I top the pressure back up to about 0.7 to only have a leak underneath the boiler. The leak is from the bottom left from a grey nipple right next to where the condenser pipe is attached but not part of it. The leak is 2-3 drips per minute and does not leak when the boiler is switched off. Any ideas what the issue might be ? Strange as all was fine till I bleed the rads and filled the boiler back up. The leak isn’t on the inside, just used the arrows to show where it is. Hope that helps

Attachments

• IMG_2987.jpeg
    IMG_2987.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2986.jpeg
    IMG_2986.jpeg
    129.2 KB · Views: 34
Sponsored Links
That is the condensate that is leaking and has nothing to do with you topping up the pressure or bleeding the rads, if it definately is coming from where you have marked, it doesnt leak with the boiler off so definately sounds like a condensate problem

This is where it is leaking from, very slow drip and pressure is dropping ?
IMG_2991.jpeg

Then the leak is from something inside the boiler it is merely dripping through that hole

Sponsored Links
Update, the leak is coming from blue pipe looks like back of water pump.
Thanks all

Attachments

• IMG_3004.jpeg
    IMG_3004.jpeg
    287 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3003.jpeg
    IMG_3003.jpeg
    246.1 KB · Views: 25

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back