Glow Worm Combi - Part Identification Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have a GlowWorm Xtramax Combi (GC 47-047-15) that has been buzzing, opening the cover I can see a cracked part ...

Would somebody be able to identify the part, it's the greenish plastic cylinder to the left of the pump in the photos below.

And would you be able to tell me what the prognosis is ? Will it last until Christmas. BG don't want to do an urgent call out if the boiler is functioning, they are saying 7th of Jan - but I don't want it to be off over Xmas.

Also is it the kind of thing a DIYer could replace ?

Thanks for any help.

IMAGE A

IMAGE B

Sponsored Links
its a modulation regulation coil (modu reg) but the cracked part is just a cover you cant replace this yourself,you would have to replace the complete gas valve, would be very surprised if the buzzing you describe is coming from here

The cracked part is just the plastic cover, covering the adjustment screw on the gas valve. Absolutely nothing to worry about.
I doubt very much you can buy this part on its own, you will probably need to buy the whole gas valve and it won't be cheap.

Hi, thanks.

The buzzing is coming from the block of equipment that the cracked cover is sitting on. And when I tap on the black rectangle (which is the right hand side of this block), the noise stops temporarily. And restarts after a few minutes.

The noise is only active when the boiler is running. And it sounds more electrical than anything else.

That's all the clues I have.

Sponsored Links
The noise is almost certainly not coming from the cracked part in your pic , as said its only a dust cover the noise could be coming from the main solonoid, unfortunately there is nothing on this unit that you can repair yourself , if the noise is coming from here you need a RGI to diagnose and replace this is an expensive part so get expert advice before replacing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back