glow worm compact 80e no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help
my glowworm compact 80e has no hot water the central heating works fine. A few weeks ago I adjusted the pressure as it was to low it went to high but then i got it back down to normal. This caused the valve at the other end of the loop valve to leak think this was because of the high pressure. Tightened this valve and the leak stopped. The water light does not come on. for a while if you ran the tap at full it eventually went hot but now it just stays cold.
Appreciate any help

Sponsored Links
check if D/h/w microswitch operating pin via housing is working(moving). Can take microswitch off and temporarily put a broken cocktail stick in ( taped over) to see if d/h/w/ works. If it does either pin not operating ( diaphram knackered or seized pin) or microswitch knackered. Try out to see! Switch all electrics off before removing and taping switch then put back on.

Thanx for the advice, but can you tell me where the micro switch is, I dont want to touch anything when I dont know what it is.

http://www.glow-worm.co.uk/products/pdf/discontinued/boilers/Compact80E_UIS.pdf

If link is o.k. have alook at page37 for diagram. If not go to Gloworm website and look under discontinued products literature.

You have to take the lower cover off via few screws

It is just to the lower left of the pump roughly in line with the bottom of it!

Make sure electrics are all of etc. Switch is held on with a clip that is just eased back from the switch housing. (Just a clip to hold switch to housing so pin can actuate the switch) Report back for findings would be nice.

Sponsored Links
Thanx for all the help, changed the diaphram and its working like new again. Total cost £5.58.

Cheers....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back