Glow worm flexicom boiler switching on by itself?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Glow worm flexicom combi boiler about 2 1/2 years old... in the past few months it has started randomly turnning the heating on ... first time was through the night..
the remote still operates the boiler when it is in this state and when the temp is tunred up to 25 then wait for the unit to send the signal and then turn it down to 12 and the boiler responds by switching off.... but then all by itself it fires up again and starts warming the radiators.

Only thing that fixes this is switching it off for a period of time like over night and then the next morning it is back to normal working with the remote.

any help greatfully appreciated

Sponsored Links
Do these have a water preheat function? Is it possible the diverter valve is passing and rads are warming up on domestic hot water preheat.

Just a possibility if it has preheated water function.

Sponsored Links
The roomstat is a SALUS model RT500RF and it is a remote control one. I relaced the batteries the first time this started happening.

As far is im aware it doesnt have pre-heat but then again i could be wrong ... ive been wrong before Im a man ;)

have any of the jumpers been removed on the back of the sender unit?
its possible that a neighbour has the same unit set to the same frequency, if they havent removed any of the jumpers then the two units will control each other.

if you dont know, then read the instructions on what to do. it really isnt rocket science.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back