Glow-worm Fuelsaver F pilot light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just tried my heating for the first time since last winter and the pilot light hasn't lit. The fan (I think..) came on at first but has since gone silent. There doesn't seem to be an ignition switch nor an easy way to remove the lower (brown) cover. The cover does have rust on it but is bending rather than sliding off. Is the switch inside there, shall I persevere with cover? I'm renting the property but would like to fix the problem myself, if I can. Please help!

Sponsored Links
Thanks Pete, for the concern, it is indeed the landlady's responsibility. But she happens to be a friend of mine so if it's as easy as removing a panel and pressing a button, I can do it and spare her the expense. She will, of course, cover any costs that will arise should we need to get an expert in.
I've had a look at other forum suggestions and it seems that the cover should just slide off. It may be rusted stuck. If you know the model, would you tell me if the ignition is actually behind it?

Sponsored Links
RUST!!

And you don't think it should be checked by a pro? Was it actually checked last year, which as a landlord, she HAS TO HAVE DONE!

Some friend she sounds; sleep well.... I hope you wake up tomorrow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back