GLOW WORM / GLOBAL FIRES GAS FIRE PART REQUIRED! HELP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hiya, i am in need of a discontinued part for my glow worm gas fire. it is a rubber seal. the rubber gas pipe grommet. i have no idea about these parts please help to avoid having to buy a new fire!

the gasman came round to fit the fire (second hand) but said he couldnt as the part was missing so he had to look around for the part which is when i found out it was discontinued.

NB - My fire is a product of global fires but i rang my local gas company and lady said over phone says its a glow worm part?

View media item 39971

Sponsored Links
Typical woman, tell us the model and you might get some help. Gloworm made several fires! A pic would help.

picture is of course without the pebble bed. i do not know the model number. just need manufacture standard ??

Sponsored Links
you will also need the manufacturers installation and user instructions for it to be correctly installed.

If he's referring to the grommet for the gas supply pipe that comes in from the back, then it can be fabricated from various materials including closure plate tape.

[quote="45yearsagasman";p="2195148"]If he's referring to the grommet for the gas supply pipe that comes in from the back, then it can be fabricated from various materials including closure plate tape.[/quote]

yea, he guy was looking not to do the job! To knock it back for a grommet is pathetic, en elcetrical one often fits! Or if it's larger a random valor one works.

But, you do need MI's to install and commision.

Its so common for people to buy something nice looking on Ebay, only to find that its discontinued and a part is missing.

However, the gromet is not exactly a very demanding component!

As suggested, I also think the gas man was just looking for an excuse not to fit it.

Tony

I am fairly certain that BFM now own Global fires, or at least manufacture them for Global. Try phoning:

http://www.bfm-europe.com/contact.html

There is also a "secret" geographical number, the number should be answered by Pat, but don't tell her I gave you the number:

01782 339022.

If theyt do make tghem but won't suply the parts, she should point you in the right direction.

You will need the model number and serial number and preferably the "GC number", if there is one. These will be on a data badge inside the fire, behind the ashpan cover. Without the numbers, you will not get parts.

good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back