Glow worm space saver 40 mk11 case seal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had British Gas round to do a service and they've disconnected the boiler as the case seal has gone, apparently obsolete. The BG bloke said I might be able to find one if I ring round a few places but might not be able to find one. So, anyone know where is the best place to try for one of these?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Honest answer is that this is best left to an RGI as replacing the seals is part of the combustion process. They will be able to source them for you and fit them to enable correct operation.

Glow worm issued a letter about the case seal no longer being available, if BG couldnt source one locally or from the NDC, you're pretty much buggered as the appliance is now Immediately Dangerous. Sorry

Thanks both.
I've spoken to one retailer who carries a universal case seal. I'd already asked the BG engineer if such a thing was available and he said not (?).
Can one of these be fitted (i.e. was the BG engineer giving some bs) or does it have to be the correct part.

Cheers again.

Sponsored Links
Not always the case!! If you know the specifications then anything can be remade!!

I have had "obsolete" parts manufactured from scratch.

Obviously things are within reason and safety is paramount, but there are certain parts which you can have custom made and work to the same, if not better, specifications as the originals.

Doubt he's giving BS as to the best of his knowledge the part IS obsolete and has done correct by advising you.. He would not be aware if 'Geoffs Plumbing' has one in stock.... however, Universal case seal..... be VERY careful, its called a case seal for a reason.
Check with Glow worm if you are worried, end of the day, its your life you are messing with....

bg will class it At Risk if the correct case seal isn't used. ya best off ringing round the part centre's for the correct manufacture's part. if ya do manage source one phone bg up and they will fit it free of charge for ya

Thanks for the quick answers, looks like a new boiler is in order... :( - not just my life, kids and wife too.

if ya do manage source one phone bg up and they will fit it free of charge for ya

i wouldnt unless it was in the manufacturers unopened packing and had all the relevant numbers to check on SIS.

know what ya mean, did say it would have to be the correct manufacturers part.. doubt they'll find one anyway :rolleyes:

thwy probably wont but my point was if someone gives you a part in an opened package with numbers scratched off i'd be telling them to forget it.

plenty of dodgers out there quite happy to drag your name through the mud when the **** hits the fan even though you did them a favour by fitting the part.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back