glow worm timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,having only just joined this forum i would like to ask for some advise.
My central heating has been broken down for about 5 months now ,though it is very old i still manage to get hot water from the old ideal boiler (boiler works fine).
The commodore 130 central heating pump packed up and i was wondering what the modern day replacement would be.
Also i have an old glow worm timer clock not digital, the one that you adjust by hand has a dial 1-24 hours and 4 adjustable setters on the outside of the dial and has a knob in the middle, there are 2 sliders one for hot water the other for heating across from the dial im sorry i do not know the model number only that it has type RWB2 on the wiring diagram again can anyone help me by telling me if i can use a potterton ep 2000 electronic programmer in its place or is there any other alternatives thanking you so much would appreciate any help.

Sponsored Links
In normal dwelling houses a pump is more or less a pump. Nowadays they differentiate between pumps by the head. either 5metre or 6metre.
The distance between the valves used to be 180mm and was reduced to 130mm many many moons ago. Your old commodore 130mm pump will be outperformed although not necessarily outlasted by any modern domestic circulator.
With regards to your programmer Take a look at
THIS SITE.
Don't miss this bit when you go there
Replaces (same backplate and wiring for easy swapover):
Landis & Gyr (Landis & Staefa) RWB1, RWB102, RWB2,
ETC :rolleyes:
All the info you need is there.

To find whether its a pump you need or a programmer it will be necessary to find out if it is getting mains voltage across the live and neutral connections at the pump.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back