Glow Worm Ultimate 40 FF Problem

I have been reading on the forum and there is suggestion that open vented system do not need AAV ?? Would this be correct?

Can I replace the fitting with compression as my soldering is poor (non exsistent even)? and it would be a wet joint? difficult to solder?

Sponsored Links
What is the fittings needed for the aav?

I am going to go like for like with the replacement. Using:

22mm x 15mm x 22mm Compression T.

The 15mm part is where the manual bleed screw is currently. I was going to fit the aav there but what size and what fittings?

I noticed that the aav mainly comes in 1/2" and 3/8" bsp male connections. What would be required for 15mm pipe and what fitting to connect to the pipe?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice. The heating seems to working fine now. Except two things:

1. The pump seems to be running constantly, did not notice if this happened before and
2. The boiler fires when it is programmed not to.

What would be causing this to happen?

going back to the op why was the programmer removed & refitted.
why was the pump changed & r/stat fitted.

The room stat was replaced because way back before any of this happened the overheat cut out would sometimes engage on the boiler. a plumber i know said it would prob be the room stat not shutting of the boiler when the correct temp was reached therefore the boiler was 'kettling'.

The pump was something i self diagnosed from info on the forum before i had this post. I do not think it was completely faulty but when I opened the bleed screw to check it, the spindle inside seemed loose and more water that the new pump would escape. I still have the old pump I believe it to be approx 16 years old.

The programmer was removed and relocated to inside a kitchen unit during the kitchen works.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back