Glow worm Ultimate 40FF boiler fuse F2 blown

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a question with regards to this. Before anything else, I will be planning to get a new fuse tomorrow from Maplin and check if the old fuse has worn out. Does anyone have a problem with this before?

1) Boiler make / model (gas or oil)
Gas Glow worm Ultimate 40FF

2) What is / is not happening
Fuse (F2) blown. The fan will try to run but stop before reaching ignition stage.

3) Has ANYTHING else been done / changed recently
It just happen recently. What I can recall is that I did not switch off the boiler over night and when I came back the problem occurs.

4) When did it (problem) start
As described in (3).

5) When does it happen? eg, heating coming on or going off
When the heating is coming on.

6) Anything else you feel may be of relevance
I cannot think of anything that is relevent. Only that from the service manual, I know that only the first two neon lights are on but not the third and fourth. I did not have a multimeter with me (I know I should get one soon) so I cannot further diagnose the problem.

Any ideas into this are very very much appreciated. Cheers!

Sponsored Links
corgiman said:
the pump is dead

change it

Hi there, thanks for the reply! How much would you estimate to replace the faulty pump? Is there a way to diagnose if the pump is actually gone? Does this means that the boiler is still allright? Cheers!

It probably still works but as the boiler motor winds down it plays havoc wif the fuse, try chek the resistance on the motor

Price depends on pump and whether valves work

Yes your boiler is probably fine

Sponsored Links
corgiman said:
It probably still works but as the boiler motor winds down it plays havoc wif the fuse, try chek the resistance on the motor

Agile will give accurate costs of a pump replacement from his company.

As he is based in London, I find his costs very competetive.

David

Soggy_weetabix said:
corgiman said:

Agile will give accurate costs of a pump replacement from his company.

As he is based in London, I find his costs very competetive.

David

Hi there :),

Can you possibly provide me with his contact number so that I can have a quick chat with him? Cheers!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back