Glow Worm Ultracom 30 HXI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,

My mother seems to be having problems with her Glow Worm boiler. It was installed 2 years ago but to my recollection it's never worked properly.

The problem she seems to be having is that the boiler only seems to heat for a while before the burner goes to minimum. I have set the thermostat on the boiler to full (82 degrees), an external room stat is fitted and this is set on maximum.

The boiler fires on full (the display shows a flame with chevrons above it) and then at about 38-41 degrees it cuts out, the display then shows just the flame (no chevrons). The pump runs continously

I wonder if you could point me in the right direction, firstly do you think it's more likely a problem with the boiler, I can not see that the roomstat would make the boiler operate in such a manner.

Yours,

T

Sponsored Links
sounds like youve got a circulation problem. The boiler will look for a rise in temp on the return, if it doesnt change it will cut out. It wont allow the flow and return differential to get more than around 25c before getting upset.
obvious checks would be header tank or system pressure, pump, blockages etc.. If its never worked properly get installers back to look at it

Is this really your Mother's boiler or just another of the many boilers you try to repair?

You can judge the temperature of the flow and return pipes at the boiler. If the return does not heat up much then it might be a blocked impeller in the pump. You can look at that without being gas registered.

[ Mick, is this boiler allowed to operate on an open vent? ]

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back