Glow Worm Ultracom Boiler Loosing pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
i had a new boiler installed about 14 months ago.

the boiler has been working fine except that i have had to refil it every 10 days or so. the presssure will drop to 0.5 or 0.4 and the screen will start flashing. this happens every 10 days or so.

apart from this ,the boiler works perfectly.

i dont see any signs of leaks on my ceiling beneath the boiler though or downstairs.

can anyone let me know what the issue might be.

i have made the installer aware and he will come and have a look but i an keen to know what the problem might be.

any information highly appreciated

thank you

Sponsored Links
How many radiators do you have?

If you have a combi or system boiler then the boilers existing expansion vessel might not be big enough for the volume of water contained in the heating system and thus an additional expansion vessel might need to be installed the cope.

Sponsored Links
hi
just wanted to update on this. the leak has been found under the floor and fixed. :D

thank you for the advice and suggestion.

not loosing pressure any longer. topped up the water a week ago to 1.2 and its still 1.2 today

the installer said he will come and add some inhibitor, as that has probably leaked out now.

happy days....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back