gloworm 30ci Whats the best setting for rad output?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just looking for info - want to ensure nice and warm and.... use the least gas possible!

Currently rads get nice and hot in no time and all is controlled by the room thermostat in hall and trvs on all rads except the one in hall

Boiler has a dial for setting the output for the radiators

Suppose i am not really sure why! Other that you get a higher output temp if you turn it up! But what for???

Instructions just say adjust for higher output - so no help!!!

I currently have it set at about 1/4 on (ie quite low)! and digital display shows about 55 degrees when the boiler is heating

Is this the best position?????? To get the best efficiency???

or is it best to have it set higher ie

is a low setting better so ticks along nicely or
is it better to have it higher and so blasts the heat out quicker!!!!!!

Many thanks

(probably another stupid question but hay someone may be able to guide me)

Cheers

Mat

Sponsored Links
m8tte said:
.... use the least gas possible! Mat

shame you haven't got the 30hxi or 30cxi. Otherwise we would have told you to put a little stat on the return pipe and adjust the dial so it hovers below 53 celsius.

Sponsored Links
You should use the LOWEST output temperature consistent with heating the house effectively - ie and in particular bringing the room temperature up from 'cold' to the level you want (whatever that is) in an acceptable time.

The lower the boiler temperature the less gas will be used. BUT avoid running a (non-condensing) boiler at such a low setting that condensation can occur in the heat exchanger - which will rot it! Keep the return temperature above 60 degrees for this reason.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back